Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reliability

During class, we have been talking a lot about reliability. We've talked about why a person would be or not be reliable. According to the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary, one of the definitions of reliability is "the extent to which an experiment, test, or measuring procedure yields the same result on repeated trial." I found this interesting because this definition sounds very clear-cut and technical. However, after talking about reliability for the past couple days I have found that, for me, reliability has a lot of grey area. I tend to lean on people - I either trust you or I don't, and the people I trust are the people I rely on. My brothers, to me, are completely reliable. I can trust them with anything. However, there are some people who I rely on for specific things but I would not say that these people are overall reliable people. My belief is that a person should be thought of as reliable, unless you have a reason to think that a person is not reliable. I've noticed that it's hard to make friendships and grow your relationships with people when you assume the worst from a person.

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think that many people can be relied on unless they have done something to lower their reliability. Good blog connection to class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of thinking! I definitely believe in having an optimistic view of people and the world. I think you could also expand this to trustworthiness as well!

    ReplyDelete